Thorogate School is looking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher.
Rawmarsh Thorogate School are seeking to appoint an inspirational Deputy Headteacher. We recognise the importance of this appointment and are determined to find the right applicant for our school. We also know that finding the right school for you is essential - we think that Thorogate School is a wonderful setting and in the course of finding out about us, we hope you think this to.
Rawmarsh Thorogate School is located to the north of Rotherham and is a one form LA maintained primary school for FS2 to Y6. It considers itself as a ‘family school’ with parents, pupils and staff working to meet the academic and social needs of its community as the pupils journey through the school. It is popular and is generally full. We currently have a PAN of 30 with 210 places across school and have 207 pupils enrolled. Pupils generally only leave where parents move house, resulting in a very stable school population.
The Vacancy - Deputy Headteacher
The vacancy has arisen due the retirement of our existing Deputy Headteacher. The new postholder will be an excellent class teacher, initially based in Year 4.
Rawmarsh Thorogate School is seeking a highly self motivated individual who can work alongside Mr Barnett, the Headteacher, to further develop the school.
We are seeking someone who is:
- An excellent classroom practitioner engaging pupils in their learning and nurturing their development - they will be a role model to staff and highly respected by pupils and parents.
- A team player, seeking to develop their own practice whilst understanding that coaching others, and the success of others, is as important.
- Determined to play an active role in the Leadership & Management of school, probably aspiring for headship in the future.
- Wanting to play a key role in developing our curriculum and how pupils are assessed.
We can offer the postholder:
- A calm, supportive working environment.
- Opportunities to impact positively on the Leadership & Management of schools through a collaborative approach.
- A supportive senior leadership team and governing body.
- Amazing pupils who want to do well.
- Large classrooms and a well resourced curriculum.
Our school website has a great deal of information about us. We actively encourage prospective candidates to visit our school so you ‘can get a feel’ of who we are - to achieve this, we are very flexible in when you can visit.
More information about our school can be obtained from our school website or by phoning Mr Barnett, the headteacher.
The Application Process
- Visiting school - by appointment, flexible to meet your needs.
- Closing date: noon Friday 5th October 2018
- Shortlisting: Evening of 9th October 2018
- Teaching observations (observing the shortlisted candidate in their current place of work or at Thorogate School if required): between 11th - 19th October 2018
- Interviews: 22nd & 23rd October 2018
- Start date: January 2019
Visits to the school are actively encouraged. Visits can be arranged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning Jane Lockwood on 01709 - 710033.
A job description and person specification together with an application form are available to download from this site and the school website www.thorogate.co.uk .
References will be requested immediately after shortlisting. Rawmarsh Thorogate School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory “Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check”.