Domestic violence- Operation Encompass
Operation Encompass is a police and education early information sharing partnership enabling schools to offer immediate support for children and young people experiencing domestic abuse. Information is shared by the police with a school's trained Key Adult (DSL) prior to the start of the next school day after officers have attended a domestic abuse incident thus enabling appropriate support to be given, dependent upon the needs and wishes of the child.
Children experiencing domestic abuse are negatively impacted by this exposure; domestic abuse has been identified as an Adverse Childhood Experience and can lead to emotional, physical and psychological harm. Operation Encompass aims to mitigate this harm by enabling immediate support, making a child's day better and giving them a better tomorrow.
Operation Encompass believes that children are victims of domestic abuse in their own right and should be acknowledged as such.
How to find support for Domestic Violence in Rotherham
- RMBC website has information on reporting domestic abuse.
- Operation Encompass website has information about the impact of domestic violence on children and how they can be supported.
- There is guidance on GOV.UK about how to get help if you or someone you know is a victim of domestic abuse.
- You can contact RMBC MASH team (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub) on 01709 336080.
- Rotherham Safeguarding Children Board can be contacted if you have any concerns about a child or young person.