What support will will my child receive?
- Class Teachers plan lessons according to the specific needs of all groups of children in their class, and will ensure that learning tasks are adjusted in order to enable your child to access their learning as independently as possible.
- Specially trained support staff can implement the teachers modified/adapted planning to support the needs of your child where necessary.
- Specific resources and strategies will be used to support your child individually and in groups.
- Planning and teaching will be adapted on a daily basis if needed to meet your child’s learning needs and increase your child’s access to what is on offer.
- If appropriate, your child may be given a Learning Support Programme (LSP) or take part in targeted group work.
- If your child has an Educational Health Care Plan, this may stipulate that your child needs specific support to access the curriculum. This will be provided by school.