Special Educational Needs & Disability
Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
SEND Co - Mr E Grimbley, EGrimbley@thorogateschool.co.uk, 01709 - 710033
SEND Governor - Mrs A Bailey, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01709 - 710033
There may be times during a pupil's journey through school that they may need additional support in a particular area of their development. This can be academic or social support. Thorogate School works with parents to support pupils to ensure they achieve their full potential.
All parents, including those with children who have additional needs, will often have the following questions:
- How will school let me know if they have any concerns about my child's learning / wellbeing in school?
- What support will my child receive in school if they have additional learning needs?
- How will my child's views be considered in this process?
- How can I as a parent support my child's learning at home?
- Is the school's environment (internally and externally) inclusive?
- How can I access the Rotherham Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service?
- How can I access the Rotherham SEND Local Offer?
If you are considering applying for a school place at Thorogate School, we recommend that you visit us at your convenience. Please call the school office on 01709 - 710033 to arrange your visit.
If you are a parent with a child at Thorogate School and you have a concern about your child, please either speak to your child's teacher or contact Mr Barnett either in person or using 01709 -710033.